Today I began work on the 79 xs1100 that I’m going to bob out. I cut off the rear of the bike. Created mounts for a brake light under the rear caliper and a license plate over the rear shock. Swapped the pegs with an ’80 model because they are larger. Removed passenger pegs and mounts. Removed gauges. KZ550 headlight. Kickstart from the TX500.
I have to order a small solo seat (the one that’s on there is just a quick one I built for testing purposes), some exhaust wrap, low bend bars, and new pod filters. Then some cleaning, re-paint and fresh rubber. This bike is going to be fire. And WOW is it fast.