Yamaha used about 15 miles of excess unneeded cable when it built the xs11’s in the factory. On the left you can see all the stock wiring which I pulled into the open and cut the sheaths off of. After half a day of determining which wires I actually needed to run the bike I ended up with the picture on the right. Just a few lone wires neatly tucked alongside the frame rails.
The wiring that exists basically connects the battery, ignition system, ballast resistor, coils and regulator. Besides that every electronic component on the bike was removed. I still need to run a couple wires for the headlight and tail light, but they will be on their own seperate fused circuit so it is independent of the bikes other electrical. It was a lot of work, but it turned out great. One step at a time this bike is making a major transition.