Evan Fell Motorcycle Works

My name is Evan Fell and my hobby is motorcycle restoration, customization, and riding. This is a blog about my bikes.

Honda CX500 Factory Service Repair Manual

Posted on June 29, 2010 | Posted by | 50 Comments

I had a request for a Honda CX500 manual. So here it is! This manual is broken into individual files, one for each chapter. Download the ones you need, or all of them.

I've had lots of external sites direct linking to these manuals, so I'm now requesting a valid email address before downloading. Let me know if you have any issues.

Honda_CX500_Factory_Service_Manual_ch0_Table_of_Contents.pdf

Honda_CX500_Factory_Service_Manual_ch9_Cooling_System.pdf

Honda_CX500_Factory_Service_Manual_ch10_Camshaft_and_Chain.pdf

Honda_CX500_Factory_Service_Manual_ch11_Transmission.pdf

Honda_CX500_Factory_Service_Manual_ch12_Crankshaft_and_Pistons.pdf

Honda_CX500_Factory_Service_Manual_ch13_Front_Wheel_and_Suspension.pdf

Enter your email address to download:

Honda_CX500_Factory_Service_Manual_ch14_Rear_Wheel_Brake_Final_Drive_Suspension.pdf

Honda_CX500_Factory_Service_Manual_ch15_Hydraulic_Disc_Brakes.pdf

Honda_CX500_Factory_Service_Manual_ch16_Battery_and_Charging_System.pdf

Honda_CX500_Factory_Service_Manual_ch17_Ignition_System.pdf

Honda_CX500_Factory_Service_Manual_ch18_Starter_Motor.pdf

Honda_CX500_Factory_Service_Manual_ch19_Technical_Features.pdf

Comments

50 Responses to “Honda CX500 Factory Service Repair Manual”

1. Kim
    July 8th, 2010 @ 11:25 pm

Thank you so much for posting this! Looks like chapters 5 & 6 are damaged files though. Can’t seem to open them.

2. Jim
    July 15th, 2010 @ 7:50 pm

Yes, thanks much for your time posting this. This helps so much with checking out the 1982 CX500 that I recently purchased. I also had problems with chapters 5 & 6 as well as 12 and 14.

3. Alkis
    July 23rd, 2010 @ 4:06 pm

Hello my friend
    I have an cx500c and i repair it.
    I think that has a broken link at Honda_CX500_Factory_Service_Manual_ch5,ch6
    Thanks for the other files!
    Alkis

4. Murray Shanks
    August 13th, 2010 @ 3:08 am

Thanks heaps for you effort in making this manual available.
    Kind Regards,
    Murray Shanks

5. Lex
    August 19th, 2010 @ 11:12 am

You are national treasure performing a public service by posting these manuals. Thanks!

6. Michael
    August 24th, 2010 @ 1:49 am

Absolutely great, thanks for sharing!

Unfortunately chapters 5 & 6 are destroyed, as others have found out. Could you post them again please :-) ?

Anyway thanks for a great site!

7. Ben
    August 28th, 2010 @ 2:16 pm

Thanks just needed a wiring diagram have looked at 100 sites !!

8. WG
    September 6th, 2010 @ 11:00 pm

If these’s an update including 5 & 6 please incl. me in the distribution.

Thanks.

9. Roger
    September 29th, 2010 @ 4:53 pm
  10. Roger
    September 29th, 2010 @ 4:55 pm

and here is chapter 6:

JOE Reply:

invalid link for chapter 6, help please…..

11. Steve Granlund
    September 29th, 2010 @ 10:12 pm

Thanks Roger!!! You have done a great service for those of us who like to work on our own bikes! I appreciate you redoing chapters 5 & 6. After downloading I made sure that they would open. THANK YOU!!

joe Reply:

could you maybe post a link to chapter 6? Still can’t find it. Thanks

12. Jeremy
    October 3rd, 2010 @ 2:05 pm

Looking for service manuals for an ‘86 CR 250 and an ‘84 XL 200R. Any ideas? I got the 200R with the motor in boxes and the CR is missing the jug, so I have a lot of work ahead of me as I restore these two bikes. I have been watching ebay for parts; any other ideas?

13. Adonus
    December 21st, 2010 @ 7:07 pm

Hey Roger,

the link for chapter 6 is no longer valid… is there a secondary option anywhere?

14. David
    December 22nd, 2010 @ 9:30 am

Same as everybody else had problems with 5 and 6 but now only 6 great job and I appreciate the info.

15. Terry
    December 25th, 2010 @ 12:58 am

Ditto on chapter 6. Is it available?

16. Evan Fell
    January 30th, 2011 @ 12:44 pm

Somehow chapter 6 got corrupted, I don’t have another copy at the moment. Chapter 5 has been fixed, thanks @Roger.

Cheers

joe Reply:

Any chapter 6 yet?

17. joe
    February 7th, 2011 @ 5:14 pm

Even, THANKS A TON for doing this. I’m the original “joe” that asked for your help. Life got crazy for awhile, but I’m back to turnin’ wrenches on th CX!!! Thanks Again, joe

18. Randall-in-Mpls
    February 15th, 2011 @ 4:15 pm

The whole set is available through the Quick Reference page of the CX500 Forum: http://cx500forum.com/index.php?/topic/16-quick-reference/

Be sure to grab the supplemental chapters for the ‘79-’82 CXs, too.

19. Russell
    April 16th, 2011 @ 12:26 am

Hi Evan,

I’ve downloaded all but 4 of these that will not open.
    The ones that will not open are:

Hydraulic brakes
    Real wheelbrake
    front wheel and suspension
    cylinder head

Thanks for your time and offering these.

20. Scott
    April 20th, 2011 @ 10:37 pm

Evan,

Great site and very informative. Just a heads u the the Honda Cx500 Chapter 6 comes up as corrupt. I got the whole manual anyway but thought you’d like to know.

Thanks,

Scott

21. Koen van der Lee
    April 23rd, 2011 @ 6:19 pm

Hi there,

Thank you so much for putting this online. Just got a CX 500 c. And now thanks to you it runs like a ray of sunshine!!

Greetings from holland

22. jesse
    May 5th, 2011 @ 11:16 pm

the engine removal file comes up blank.

23. Mac
    May 8th, 2011 @ 6:20 am

Thank you very much for the files, I have been trying to find simple settings for my CX 500 C for months i.e valve clearance, oil quantity, plug gap and found everything I need to do my maintenance. Thanks again.

Mac

24. JEFF
    May 13th, 2011 @ 5:50 am

Awsome
    Thank you very much from sunny Cape Town
    I got chapter 5 but could not get 6 !
    Any luck fixing this.
    Regards
    Jeff

25. Terry
    May 22nd, 2011 @ 10:36 am

Great, is about all I can say, bike runs like its brand new. Thanks
    Still need chapter 6 though for winter rebuild, noticed left cylinder is a bit low on compression test!

26. carlos
    May 24th, 2011 @ 4:16 pm

thank you very much for the contribution a month ago bought a 550 cx modelo1980 and not really got much information. ‘re a phenomenon!

27. Greg
    May 27th, 2011 @ 4:54 am

Many Thanks
    Makes it all a bit cleaRER
    aPPRECIATED

28. Nancy Clement
    June 5th, 2011 @ 7:09 pm

This is wonderful!!! Thanks for posting it! (When i can donate, i will!)

29. august campagna
    June 8th, 2011 @ 10:33 am

I WAS TRYING TO DOWNLOAD A CX500 REPAIR MANUAL AND WAS ONLY ABLE TO GET INDEX PAGE. I DONATED TO HELP AND FELL A LITTLE DISAPOINTED

Evan Fell Reply:

Hi August -

All the chapters are available for download on this same page. Once you put in your email just click each of the links to download the chapters you want. No donation is required and I have refunded yours. I have also sent this information in an email to you.

Cheers

30. KlaasDC
    June 25th, 2011 @ 3:42 pm

Chapter 6 is corrupt somehow (also only few 100kB big). Could you reupload it or mail it to me please? It’s quite an important chapter.

Thanks!

(I also donated a bit to help your site)

Evan Fell Reply:

Hi Klaas – I haven’t come across a good 6th chapter file. The only one I have is bad. I’ll see what I can do to find it. Thanks, Evan

31. Win52D
    September 2nd, 2011 @ 10:19 pm

I had trouble with a few PDFs as well though a retry worked. Evan, do you plan on adding ch20 – ch25? I have a 1980 Deluxe and the addendum would be nice to have.
    Thanks for the manual!! It will be a life saver.

32. Bruce
    May 1st, 2012 @ 8:48 pm

Evan – Thanks for the manual. I happily donated $5.00. There is a PROBLEM WITH CH 6 – which is one of the ones I need. Can you please restore it and let me know when it is good.

THANKS!

33. Drew
    May 10th, 2012 @ 1:53 pm

Chapter six would be amazing. Also the suppliment for 79-82 mentioned in the posts above post 18 I believe. I have a 1980 cx500 im trying to rebuild and the tripulse system or something is where i believe to be having problems. Thanks

34. Richard
    September 14th, 2012 @ 9:58 am

Great job, really helpful. Just waiting for delivery of a cx500 thats been off road for 8 yrs so manuals will be a godsend.
    Thanks really appreciated

35. Richard
    September 14th, 2012 @ 12:18 pm

Hi, cant download Ch6 of the cx500 manual (corrupted) all others are fine, Thanks

36. Darren
    January 15th, 2013 @ 5:33 pm

Hey dude I tried to download some of the files but I found I got a blank doc everytime? Just wondering if the have been disabled at this point? And hello from Ireland!!!

37. Juan
    January 22nd, 2013 @ 11:33 am

Same issues with Darren. Have these files been removed?? Cheers from Florida

38. Nathaniel
    March 18th, 2013 @ 12:45 am

Same issue as Juan and Darren!

39. Brad
    March 22nd, 2013 @ 4:20 am

To help those seeking Chapter 6, I sent Evan a working file. I also possess the addendums mentioned in the table of contents, but aren’t on this site.

Joe Reply:

Can I have a copy of chapter six please ? Boxy818@yahoo.com

Brett Reply:

Hi Brad, could you please mail me the missing chapter 6 and the adendems.
    My mail address is mjlmac@yahoo.com
    My bike is in the shop now and I need chapter 6.
    Many thanks
    Brett

Raphael Reply:

Me too guys, need chapter 6 please

raphael.morolli@gmail.com

many thx!!!

40. Raphael
    April 13th, 2013 @ 7:52 pm

Me too guys, need chapter 6 please

raphael.morolli@gmail.com

many thx!!!

41. Shiprek
    April 29th, 2013 @ 3:56 pm

same problem of Blank pages above…thanx for the effort though.

42. Honda CX500 Service Manual | Free Download PDF
    February 27th, 2014 @ 2:10 pm

[...] – 1986 Honda CX500 (C) Service Manual – Download Manuals Source: #, #, #, medianet_width='336'; medianet_height= '280'; [...]