Evan Fell Motorcycle Works

My name is Evan Fell and my hobby is motorcycle restoration, customization, and riding. This is a blog about my bikes.

Hundreds of Motorcycle Service Manuals – For Free!

Posted on June 18, 2010 | Posted by | 26 Comments

I get emails from readers quite regularly looking for service manuals for their bike. I always try and help as best as I can. Over the years I’ve amassed quite a large collection of motorcycle service manuals for all sorts of bikes. I have factory repair manuals, part microfiche manuals, setup and tuning documentation, owners manuals, etc, etc. The last couple days I’ve posted about 280 documents to this site which will hopefully help out a lot of home bike mechanics with a new project. I have some more, but that is most of it.

There are many sites out there selling these same documents and taking advantage of those willing to shell out some cash. The large bulk of these manuals are factory provided to dealers or come with the bikes as service supplements. The sites selling these same manuals have no authority to do so. Just grab them here.

You can browse them by clicking on the brand you are looking for in the Categories menu on the right. Or you can search by using the search box. Keep in mind I don’t have every bike model.

If you have any manuals in digital format you would like to contribute I’d be happy to post them and give you a big thanks!

If you have any questions about the files themselves just leave a comment or post a question over in the forum.

Soon to come – My collection of wiring diagrams!

Happy wrenching!

* It is not my intention to infringe upon any copyright laws. If these factory offered service manuals are determined to be questionable I may need to remove them.

Comments

26 Responses to “Hundreds of Motorcycle Service Manuals – For Free!”

1. Joe Macrie
    June 29th, 2010 @ 5:21 pm

I need a carburetor repair manuel for a 1978 Honda CX500. I found one for sale online for $35, but, honestly, I’ve spent every penny on trying to get this bike on the road and can’t see spending the extra money on that. Anyway, the “book” was an extremely detailed descripyion of how to disassemble, clean, overhaul, and reasemble the carbs. Think you can help me out with a link or something so I can check it out for free? Thanks, Joe

2. Evan Fell
    June 29th, 2010 @ 10:44 pm

@Joe

Hi Joe – The CX500 carbs are some of the easiest carbs to work on. They’re simple to get on and off, lots of space to work. You can follow my carb article here: How to Clean a Motorcycle Carburetor

However, just for you, I dug up a manual and put it online for free download.

Honda CX500 Factory Service Repair Manual

Good luck with the work. If you have any questions feel free to post them in my Motorcycle Forums.

Cheers,
    Evan

3. joe
    June 30th, 2010 @ 5:17 pm

i have a yamaha xs650sg ans am looking for a manual for it

4. joe
    June 30th, 2010 @ 5:23 pm

oops i have a 1980 yamaha xs650sg and looking for manuals repair and owners thanx

5. Sean Walsh
    July 7th, 2010 @ 6:56 pm

Good Day Evan, I was wondering if you had a copy of the Kawasaki 454 LTD (85). I was getting info on the great white knight web site but site disappeared. Any info would be greatly appreatied.
    Thanks Sean

6. Julian
    July 15th, 2010 @ 11:32 pm

Awesome site, Evan! And sweet photos; I would love to know where they were taken. I found the Honda VT750DC SS750 Shadow Spirit 2001-2003 manual on this site (note: the file name says 2001-2002 but when you open it, the front page says 2001-2003). I own a 2005 shadow spirit. Is there a manual for this year, or is it essentially the same as 2001-2003?

7. JON
    July 19th, 2010 @ 7:05 am

Any chance you might have a service manual for a 1976 Kawasaki KZ900 lying about? Just purchased one that has had some modifications or add-ons and would like to restore it back to original factory as close as possible. Will provide pics of same if you would like to see what I am talking about.

Great site and thanks in advance!

8. Evan Fell
    July 19th, 2010 @ 8:08 am

@Sean @Julian @Jon – I’ll see what I can dig up for your bikes.

9. Nathan
    August 4th, 2010 @ 5:46 pm

Looking for the service manual for a 1981 KZ750H (I think that means LTD) Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I love your site, I’ve added it to my favorites.

10. IVAN OBREGON
    August 15th, 2010 @ 5:41 pm

service manual for a 1986 cmx450 Honda rebel pleaseeeeeee!!!! help!!!

11. Guy
    October 9th, 2010 @ 7:50 pm

I’m looking for a Suzuki B King 2008-2009 repair manual please ; can you help me ?

12. jeff L.
    November 14th, 2010 @ 6:29 pm

I recent owned a 1993 VT600 honda shadow.

Previous owned by a friend of a friend who let it sit in storage for way too long. Cleaned the carb really good.

The fuel relay was faulty and replaced with my own version. I purchased Hanes manual to look at the schematic where the yellow-black wire is connected with the rear sparks coil common.

I figured the pulse suppose to turn on the fuel pump as well but it does not. I bypass the relay common to ground and it worked.

Why won’t the fuel relay work as originally configured?

13. ENRIQUE HIDALGO
    January 2nd, 2011 @ 2:54 am

hi. i have a honda cm400t and i need the service manual free because i spent a lot of money in others things and im looking forward for some pieces im from mexico city thanks

14. Pat Redmond
    January 8th, 2011 @ 7:31 pm

I just bot an 81 Yamaha xj550H & need to find a shop manual for it—if I had my druthers, I’d have the famous Evan Fell pop over & give me some pointers—better yet, I’d have him get it going for me—it’s cold in the garage right now, but my buddy, Jeff, has a heated barn that I might be able to use while I attempt to work on it—-I’m really waiting for Evan to come to NH & open a shop for restoring old bikes—-anyway, I’m keepin’ my fingers crossed…..Pat

15. Dave Carlson
    January 10th, 2011 @ 8:42 pm

Anyone know where I can download a free owners manual for a 1997 Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100c? I’ve got the Clymer service and repair manual. I’ve googled a bunch of word combinations and not had any luck.
    Thanks, Dave

16. Matthew Robinson
    May 16th, 2011 @ 12:06 am

Hi, im looking for a honda cb650sc manual. it use to be up, but now its gone. If u got please send to my email. Much appreciated.

17. Amir Sohail
    July 11th, 2011 @ 7:23 am

Dear Evan

I have a Yamaha XJ650 and XJ750 Repair manual. If interested please let me know how to upload it.

Regards

Evan Fell Reply:

Hi Amir – Thanks for the offer! I’d be happy to post your manual up on the site to share with others. There isn’t a way for you to upload it directly to this site, but you could upload it to a site like http://www.mediafire.com/ and I can download it from there. Cheers! Evan

18. Amir Sohail
    July 21st, 2011 @ 8:12 am

Hi Evans

I have uploaded the manual on mediafire. The file name is Yamaha XJ650,750 ‘80 84 haynes Manual.pdf

Regards

erik ayala Reply:

I’d would love to see that xj750 repair manual, i just bought one and the engine is kind of giving me problems, i read your article on how to clean carbs and im going to do it myself, but if its not that then i’ll need a little help, let me know where i can take a look at the manual please =D

Erik Ayala

19. Roger
    August 17th, 2011 @ 7:29 pm

Tried to download the Honda CBR600F2 and the link seems to be dead. I was able to get the F3.

Really appreciate the resource.

20. Herb
    September 7th, 2011 @ 11:28 am

Do you have the service manual for a ‘82 GS1100 EZ?

Only made 2 years, and I haven’t been able to find it.

I use the GS1000 manual, it is pretty close.

Thanks

21. Wolf
    September 8th, 2011 @ 11:42 am

Herb Try gsresources.com all about our type of bike.

22. Connor Stansfield
    April 3rd, 2012 @ 8:54 pm

Hey there Evan!

I was just wondering if you might have any documentation such as a manual or wiring diagram for a Suzuki Stinger 1973 T125 (downpipes) I recently acquired this bike and it is my first restoration.

Hope you can help.
    Connor

23. Antyki Sprzeda?
    July 4th, 2012 @ 7:06 am

Fantastic points altogether, you simply received a new reader. What may you suggest about your publish that you just made a few days in the past? Any certain?

24. fico Score
    May 23rd, 2014 @ 11:37 pm

The mst important thing to know about tthe dispute letter
    is that it must be simple. It has to be certified, because rememnber you are creatin a paper
    train legally. In fact, no credit repair company caan promise to
    remove anything from yoir credit reports because ultimately,
    iit is up to the credit bureaus what items are listed on your reports.